Subject Re: [IBO] BDE to IBObjects conversion
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:56 PM 26-12-01 +0000, you wrote:
>I have a lot of queries in my BDE application that do updating. After
>converting to IBObjects with greplace, the tquerys are converted to
>tiboquerys. When I run them, I get "dynamic sql error - expression
>not supported". For example, one query has "delete from tablename
>where recorddate < 'today'-3", and the code has an execsql.

The DSQL error is coming from the database, IBO is merely delivering it. Have you tested your statements with an interactive tool like IB_SQL or isql?

What database and version are you using - did you change to a higher one, for example? If you moved forward from IB 5.x, expressions involving date literals now work differently...e.g. you example statement would be

delete from tablename
where recorddate < (cast ('today' as date) - 3)

But the DATE type has also changed - what was DATE in 5.x is now TIMESTAMP - although the DSQL error you are getting doesn't appear to be reporting a type mismatch...

More info please.

regards,
Helen