Subject Re: [IBO] Doesn't IBO keep the connection alive?
Author Pelle F. S. Liljendal
I was expecting that. I have just resently changed to FireBird (from
InterBase OpenSource), so actually I am currently "migrating" parts of my
IBO Test-platform to IBX to see if the error is there as well.

I am connecting through TCP/IP using the "name" of the server I am
connecting to (DIAS-XP0DFEONPX:C:\IB6Data\DiasIboTest.GDB).

Pelle

<lester@...> skrev i en meddelelse
> > The error message displayed (if I try to edit a record after letting
> > the PC "rest" for 5-10 minutes):
> > <SNIP>
> > ISC ERROR CODE:335544721
> >
> > ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
> > Unable to complete network requst to host "XXX".
> > Error reading data from the connect.
> > (translatet from Danish)An existing connection was forcefully
> > disconnected from the host."
> > </SNIP>
>
> There is nothing in IBO that will cause this. It looks like
> a network 'problem'.
>
> How are you identifying the server?
>
> --
> Lester Caine
> L.S.Caine Electronic Services

> IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase