Subject RE: Re[2]: [IBO] Firebird 1.0 - RC1 & IBO
Author Rui Batista
The operating system is Windows 2000 Professional.
I didn't create any entities in my database...
I have the IB Server running in the computer A, then I have install the
FB RC1 in another computer (B).
Then I make a backup and a restore in from computer A to B. After when I
try to execute my application, that is a client of FB RC1, I found this
error.

If someone could help me, I appreciate....

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Worboys [mailto:geoff@...]
Sent: domingo, 18 de Novembro de 2001 21:03
To: Helmut Steinberger
Subject: Re[2]: [IBO] Firebird 1.0 - RC1 & IBO

Helmut,

> I just made some simple tests. I found out, that the problem only
> appears on databases, created with ib6.0. when I recreate the
> database with firebird, then there is no problem.
> Could anybody confirm this?

I just started IB6.01 and created 3 databases,
Dialect 1 using IB_SQL
Dialect 3 using IB_SQL
Dialect 3 using IBConsole (that came with IB6)

I then shutdown IB6 and started FB 1 RC1 and successfully connected to
all three databases.

IOW more information is required. What entities did you create in
your database to produce the problem?

What operating system are you using?

Have you checked my earlier suggestions (multiple GDS32.dll instances
or multiple instances of IBServer services attempting to run)?

Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing

___
IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase