Subject Re: [IBO] Record was not located to update.
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:40 PM 13-11-01 +0100, Svein wrote:
>Hi Omar!
>To do what you want to do, you have to assign the PK at the client side.
>IBO-wise this is normally done by using GeneratorLinks (I use the native
>components and don't know how GeneratorLinks is used with the TDataset
>components you seem to be using).

GeneratorLinks is just the same with the TDataset-based components. An entry looks like this:
MY_COLUMN=ITS_GENERATOR_NAME

If you want to, you can put all of your generators for the whole database into the GeneratorLinks property on the TIBODatabase. In this case you need to include the table identifier too:
ATABLE.MY_COLUMN=ITS_GENERATOR_NAME

Make sure your triggers check for null before deciding to fire a generator in a Before Insert trigger:
..
IF (NEW.MY_COLUMN IS NULL) THEN
NEW.MY_COLUMN = GEN_ID(ITS_GENERATOR_NAME, 1);
..

cheers,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All