Subject Re: [IBO] Component Compatibility
Author tashi@famvid.com
Thanks for clarifying that for me (I was mistaken).

I'm working on an application now that was using an IB_Grid and now I
have to use DBGrid. This part of the application doesn't require
major data manipulation. Just a query, the results are put into a
grid and the users can export the data to any format they want, to do
with what they will.

I would only run into trouble if I wanted to use IB_Grid for some
specific functionality that DBGrid wouldn't or couldn't do. Am I
correct in this assumption?

Kevin

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> IBO has all of the functionality of the BDE but it doesn't make use
of
> anything of the BDE.
> It is a BDE replacement 100%.
>
> It only depends on the TDataset mechanism of the Delphi VCL and
native IBO.

> Jason Wharton
> CPS - Mesa AZ
> http://www.ibobjects.com