Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Prepare in IBquery - Help me!!!!
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Ans what do you expect? That IBO guesses that the user has no privileges?
:-)
IBO prepares the statement in advance, for efficiency. If you need more
flexible power, use more flexible options:
- Have a TIB_DSQL for your Update statement.
- Have a TIB_DSQL for your Delete statement.
- Have a TIB_DAQL for your Insert statement.
I don't know if you plan to query system tables to see if some user is
allowed to modify data. How did you expected this to happen? Black magic?
- Then, instead of putting text in the TIB_Query's EditSQL property, write
it in the TIB_DSQL for update and the same for the other two actions.
- Try preparing the DSQLs and trap the exception. The one that can be
prepared is because the user has permission. This is a brute force approach.
Keep a flag for the ones that succeeded.
- Hook the OnCustomDelete, OnCustomEdit and OnCustomInsert events of the
TIB_Query. For example, in the OnCustomDelete event, check that the flag
variable for the TIB_DSQL where you wrote your delete statement is marked as
success. If it's, then feed the parameters if the delete TIB_DSQL and
execute it; otherwise, reject the operation. Do the same for update and
insert, too.

C.