Subject Re: [IBO] Fields[xx].value - unidentifyed type: 14
Author Mauricio Longo
Helen,

My SQL statement is quite simple:

Select * from registry where Parent = :ParentId;

I'm selecting all records that have the same "parent" in a table with a self join.

I did indicate that the parameter was an Integer, both, when I was using the numeric(18,0) definition and later when I changed to integer.

Thanks!

All my best,

Mauricio
----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Borrie
To: IBObjects@egroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Fields[xx].value - unidentifyed type: 14

Mauricio,

I'd like to see your SQL statement.

The error you reported is the same one that you get (or used to) in
IB_WISQL when running a perfectly good DSQL call but inadvertently forgot
to check the "Params" checkbox off, i.e. possibly it is happening because
IBO is searching for an expected parameter, or something similar...comes to
mind an updateSQL statement (Insert, Edit or Delete) parameterizing a
column that is not in the SQL statement.

H.

At 07:25 PM 29-12-00 -0300, you wrote:
>Just one problem. The kbMemTable component has a score of methods to deal
>with retrieving structure and data from a TDataset descendant.
>
>I don't really intend to rewrite the component, which is quite complex, so
>I've got to get my data from a TDataset descendant. That is why I chose
>to use TIBOQuery.
>
>Anyway, what kind of data is being returned? I checked TkbMemTable's code
>for copying data from a dataset and it sure looks like it should work with
>ANY TDataset descendant.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mauricio Longo

All for Open and Open for All