Subject RE: [IBO] Problems with AsXml property
Author Tom Munro Glass
Good point! I've looked at the XML spec and here are the important parts
that relate to tags:

STag ::= '<' Name (S Attribute)* S? '>'

NameChar ::= Letter | Digit | '.' | '-' | '_' | ':' | CombiningChar |
Extender
Name ::= (Letter | '_' | ':') (NameChar)*

Letter, Digit, CombiningChar & Extender are fully defined in the XML spec at
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml

It looks like you are already modifying the fieldnames before using them as
tags, i.e. you convert them to lowercase, so maybe you could strip out any
illegal characters at the same time.

Another potential problem has just occurred to me - what happens about
special characters in the field's value, e.g. converting "&" to "&"
etc.?

Tom Munro Glass