Subject Re: [IBO] Tutorial problem
Author Helen Borrie
I'm wondering...

Is this happening because the keys are populated with integer, whilst, in
IB6, generators are INT64?

As an exploratory exercise, could you drop the database, and change the
domain T_ID in the script from integer to Numeric(18,0) and see whether
this fixes the problem when you recreate the database?

My IB6 server is down at the moment so I can't test it myself. The
tutorial sets itself up correctly in IB 5.6.

Helen

At 04:51 PM 09-12-00 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm trying to work through the IBO tutorials to get up to speed with
>IBO, but have encountered a "show stopper" with Tutorial 1:
>
>Running the tutorial produces the following error:
>
>335544321
>arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation
>
>The database is created, but none of the data rows are inserted. This
>makes if difficult to work with the subsequent tutorials.
>
>Details:
>
>IBO 3.6.Bf
>Delphi 5
>IB 6.01