Subject Re: [IBO] FW: Updating a join (in a grid)
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:30 AM 06-12-00 +0100, you wrote:

>I have a TIB_Grid, showing a multiple join query. Only 1 table has to be
>edited, and all the other works as lookup tables.

This isn't clear, but... let's try to understand what you have here...

>Now I want to set the
>ordering property of TIB_Query. As it does not accept ( at least as I
>understand it) the "select as" lookup columns , I do have to add the join
>statements to the query and thus get the fields I want to order on.

Do you mean "join clauses" ? It would help if you could show us the whole
of the statement for the TIB_Query.

>However,
>when I do this, TIB_Grid will not be editable any more. I thought that was
>possible, and that KeyRelation should take care of this.

If you have a dataset based on joined tables, you need KeyRelation to say
which underlying table the UpdateSql statements apply to. But you also
have to supply the UpdateSQL statements, which you do in the EditSql,
InsertSql and DeleteSql properties.

>What is it I am doing wrong?

Show us what you are doing and we can tell you.

>Or is there a way to use Ordering with the "select as" lookup
>columns?

I can't answer this as I can't tell what you are referring to as "select
as" lookup columns.
Are we talking here about joins, or sub-selects, or calculated columns? We
need to see the SQL.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All