Subject Re: Import dbf data
Author Clément Doss
You could also use the IB_SCRIPT component.
I´ve used it a few times. I have imported 200.000 records from a
table. 80.0000 from another..

Just include a SQL like:
INSERT INTO SomeTable(FIELD1,Field2,Field3...,FieldN) Value ("John
Smith","01-JUN-1992",35.2,....,"Y")

You will have 450.000 lines in your IB_SCRIPT (It´s huge... but it
might work)
Call the Execute and there you go!
This is faster then call insert for each record...
(You could build 1k records/lines at a time)

Good Luck!
Clément

> I can do an export with the dbf components to an textfile so that
will be no
> problem.
>
> - Using the create table to an external file looks like using an
xml file as
> table....
> - removing the index is a good idea
> - So I don't need any IBO component...
>
> I have the idea I was doing this 10 year ago also for importing
data to get
> it into dbf/dbase. Not much changed over the years...
>

> Bram van der Voet / A&V Automatisering
> bram@a... <mailto:bram@a...>
> Glasbergenlaan 6
> 2235 BP VALKENBURG ZH