Subject Re: [IBO] Suggestions for 4.0
Author Daniel Rail
Hi Jason,

I'm currently using Multilizer for multilingual applications. It
reads all the properties that are Strings and TStrings. Then the strings
are placed in a dictionary where you manipulate all the languages that you
want in your application and use the interface components to load the file
and switch languages on the fly.
Your idea of a centralized dictionary is wonderful. Take a look
at Infopower's TwwIntl component, it does this for all Infopower's
non-visual components, since all the visual components already have the
properties visible to modify. I know that you might have some error
messages coded in and it would be nice to have access to them as well to
translate.
Just keep in mind that there are a lot of ways to create a
multilingual application. Keep your interface to the strings simple so
that those that use an external multilingual tool can easily work with your
components.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Have a nice day.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)