Subject RE: [IBO] row update problem
Author edc@wrld.com
thanks.. i already had one setup so using that worked..
i hate these problems.. causes a loss of time on everyones part..
being new to ibo i thought it was something i configured wrong
(most problems are cause by a lack of knowledge).. I spent
needless hours searching and reconfiguring.. unfortunately
the egroups messaging facility is marginal for accessing
information.. is there a standard newgroup available???

ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Luiz Alves [mailto:cprmlao@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 8:57 AM
To: IBObjects@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] row update problem

Ed,

This is a problem of Delphi, not IBO. I had this problem some time ago.
There is a problem of difference in the precision de datetime values used in
delphi and the values stored on database. So, when IBO try locate a record
in Interbase GDB, this values don't match due the precision on time portion.
The workaround is to use a surrogate key as Jason well said. This was your
advice to me when I had this problem.

Luiz.