Subject RE: [IBO] row update problem
Author edc@wrld.com
thats absolutely ridiculous... are you saying
your stuff doesn't work... i've spent more
hours than i'd like to deal with this..
I thought i was dealing with a robust product here.
Please let me know.. since when can't you use a date
column as part of a unique key.. everyother piece of
software seems to handle it.. or is this an interbase
problem???

thanks
ed croxford
auto europe llc

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 3:07 AM
To: IBObjects@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] row update problem

It very likely has to do with using a date column. Try to figure out a way
to omit the date and see if it works. Use a single surrogate key is what I
suggest you do.

Maintain it with the GeneratorLinks property and a trigger that checks for
NULL and assigns a value if it is so.

Regards,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ