Subject Re: [firebird-tools] IBX (2007) and D2007 & Firebird 2.5.0.26074
Author Jaison Joseph
On 18/08/2011 07:34, Peter Bailey wrote:
> Hi Fellow Listers
>
> I am currently using the InterBase Express database access components
> (IBX 2007) with Delphi 2007 and Firebird 2.5.0.26074. I have seen a
> number of comments on various lists that using IBX with Firebird is not
> a good idea ... although I have not observed any problems in my test
> environment.
>
> So, this raises two questions. Firstly, should I be dropping IBX like
> the proverbial hot potato, and, secondly, if I am going to change, what
> is the "best" replacement set of components.
>
> In the context of the second question, all of my programming work is
> done free of charge for a non-profit organisation, so price point for a
> replacement set of components is going to be a major factor.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
> Peter Bailey
Did you check Mercury Data Objects?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mdo/

Latest source can be downloaded from here

http://mdo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mdo/

I am using it with Delphi 6, Firebird 2.1.4 for a small database
application. Not sure about Delphi 2007 and Firebird 2.5.
May be some one else can comment on this.

Jaison Joseph