Subject Re: [ANN] Free 'Forté CRM Solo' 1.0 released
Author fortecrm1
--- In firebird-tools@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 04:52 PM 12/03/2007, you wrote:
> >fortecrm1 wrote:
> > > A new, full featured CRM has been released by Forte CRM Ltd
> > > <http://www.fortecrm.net> .
> > >
> > > The Forte CRM products use the Firebird embedded engine as a key
> > > component of a suite of scalable, internet-based CRM tools. The
compact
> > > client component runs with a local Firebird backend and can be
> > > stand-alone, as in the free Forte CRM Solo
>
>http://www.fortecrm.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,37/func,select/id,3/
> >will work

<http://www.fortecrm.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,37/func,\>

> > select/id,3/> . It comes with an integrated document generation
engine,
> > > query builder, report writer, email client, and document storage
engine,
> > > and can be upgraded to their other product versions.
> >
> >Not sure that I am seeing 'internet-based' looks more like a stand
alone
> >application to me.
>
> Is this the bit you forgot to read, Lester? :-)
>
> "The compact
> > client component runs with a local Firebird backend and can be
> > stand-alone, as in the free Forte CRM Solo"
>
> Helen

Hi Lester, sorry for the confusion. As Helen said, Forte CRM Solo (and
Professional) is a single user standalone version of the product
range. We are in the process of rolling out the entire range over the
next 2 months, for marketing and operational reasons.

We have paying customers using our multi-user versions : Hosted and
Enterprise (self-hosted), which is where the 'internet-based' comes
in, as the back end connection is handled via an Apache php gateway to
the central DB.

One of the elements that could be of interest to the Firebird
community is that as a modular (bpl) application with an internal API
that is used for inter-module communication and presentation, it is
quite possible to use it as a start-point for vertical functionality
additionas. This is how we have a CRM, AWB (financial services), and
RWB (recruitment) range also, which will follow up our CRM launch.

Hope this clears up the confusion, we are better at development than
Marketing I'm quite sure.

Jonathan Hull
Forte CRM Ltd.