Subject Re: [firebird-tools] Re: GPRE
Author Euler Jr.
Ok, I will try.
One question: the gdml for/store is similar to code below?

while( SQLCODE ) {
EXEC SQL FETCH ...
}

The performance is small (e.g. the TEST table have 200.000
records)!

Euler Jr.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Beach
To: firebird-tools@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: [firebird-tools] Re: GPRE

>This is not a bug... Firebird doesn't have this feature... You can
>do this in Oracle, but not in Firebird. Well, for now you can't... Who knows
>the future!!!

That would probably explain it then, i.e. I didn't have time to actually test
it. This would mean implementing the SQL syntax described so gpre understands it...

Have you tried to do a similar operation using gdml rather than SQL?

e.g. instead of
INSERT INTO db2.TEST SELECT * FROM db1.TEST;
use something like

for a in db1.test
store b in db2.test
end_store