Subject Re: [firebird-tools] slow group?
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:20 PM 10/03/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>What's up with this Yahoo! group? It took 5 days for my answer to someone
>else's question to show up!

Sorry, that was my fault. Initial posts are moderated (to keep the porno
spammers out). Yahoo disables my account every couple of days when my ISP
blocked some "returns" to Moderator (yeah, believe it or not, Yahoo rejects
emails containing virus attachments and "returns" these rejected mails,
with payload, to the Moderator! Brilliant! My ISP rightly kills such
emails at the POP server but it also disables the domain of the Sender,
which happens to be @yahoogroups.com) Lately I've been getting "switched
off" about three times a week.

If a couple of you folk would like to volunteer to assist with list
moderation, it would reduce these occasional delays.

Another thing that would help a lot - though it's less of a problem on this
list than on general and support - would be if people would not subscribe
and unsubscribe every time they post a message. You can set your personal
list delivery options to No Email to stop the traffic; but the moderator
traffic from this practice is unbelievable.

Helen