Subject Re: [firebird-tools] IBOAdmin BackupService
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:50 AM 8/12/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>H> It doesn't work on my system. I've tried altering the aliases as well. In
>H> all cases, the component returns the exception "Path to file [whatever] not
>H> found" (the "whatever" part is the alias name, not the filename of the
>backup).
>
>This is a Firebird message. For whatever reason fbembed thinks it's
>homeless. You could try to alter some default in firebird.conf to see
>whether it just can't find aliases.conf or that applies to
>firebird.conf as well. I suspect it won't find firebird.conf as well,
>or firebird.conf points to a different home dir.

No, firebird.conf doesn't point to any home dir. But what I *think* is
happening is that it's reading the FIREBIRD environment variable, which is
pointing it to the main server install's root directory. I tested this by
copying the entry from the embedded server's alias.conf to the main
server's alias.conf. And guess what...

Now, what I have to find out is why it reads the FIREBIRD variable *before*
checking what it has in its own directory. I suspect that it indicates
that alias.conf and firebird.conf need to be in a directory *above* the one
where the embedded server and the application are located.

I will test this and report back.

Helen