Subject Re: [firebird-tools] IBOAdmin BackupService
Author Helen Borrie
Hello Nando,

At 11:28 PM 7/12/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Helen,
>
>H> The backup service requires its own connection to the database. Any
>H> instance of embedded can have at most one attachment
>
>wrong, wrong, wrong (I've read this from you three times in the last
>week, that accounts for three "wrong"s in a row - it's not that it's
>thrice wrong. ;-)). You can have as many attachments as you wish.

Yes, yes, of course that's right - since it's the server process that has
the lock. :-) I do get into a groove sometimes.

btw, are you aware that you can back up a database from embedded using a
blank username and password? SYSDBA also works; and (correctly) any other
non-Owner user won't be able to do it.

In embedded, the TIBOBackupService also seems unable to recognise a path
alias; although it might be fixed in the latest IBOAdmin version, which I
don't have...

cheers,
Helen