Subject RE: [firebird-tools] ANN: Updated my backup utility
Author Jorge Obiols
I am testing this, very nice utility, but I notice that only works with
.gdb extensions, if you try to backup a .fdb it fails and says
it is not a valid database.

Are the sources available?

Jorge

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Lauri Zoova [mailto:dec@...]
Enviado el: Domingo, 26 de Octubre de 2003 15:46
Para: firebird-tools@yahoogroups.com
Asunto: [firebird-tools] ANN: Updated my backup utility

Hi!

I had to make some refinements to this thing. Since there has been some
interest i decided to publish the new version also.

Changes:
- moved settings in registry from HKCU to HKLM, so that the backup task
can be started when noone is logged on. Also note that when creating a
separate user for backup then that user must have sufficient rights to
read the HKLM key.
- uppercased the failure notice so it's easyer to notice in log
- added version info, current is 1.2.0.1
- removed localconnect option because this was behind the 'cannot attach
to services manager' error when user was not logged on to desktop

The registry key's are automaticaly imported from HKCU (hopefully :P).

Download:
http://www.trenet.ee/dec/fb_backup.zip

--
BR,