Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: High write access on disk
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
13.11.2019 21:06, kragh.thomas@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> Just to clarify, one could make a RAM drive with tmpfs, eg /ramdrive, and then specify
> this path in firebird.config under "TempDirectories"?

Not quite.

> If correctly understood, does this provide any benefits over just allocation more memory
> for TempCacheLimit, under Firebird 3?

It is not clear what exactly caused high I/O in your case. /tmp is used by default not
only for sorting files and temporary tables but also for a lot of other things. Making it
RAM drive is such a generic approach that can improve performance without further detailed
investigation.
You can change TempDirectories and see if high I/O spot will be moved accordingly or
stay in /tmp.

--
WBR, SD.