Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 3.0 client does not work with remote Firebird 2.5 database
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2019-01-20 14:25, Michael Fox mike@... [firebird-support]
wrote:
> It’s the default package of firebird-dev 3.0.1.32609.ds4-14 on
> Stretch which doesn’t work. The previous version of firebird-dev
> 2.5.3.26778.ds4-5+deb8u1 on Jessie works fine with the same
> credentials (note: I’m using PHP’s Interbase extension to connect
> but I don’t think it’s the cause of the issue).

If possible, upgrade to 3.0.4. I can't identify a ticket that matches
this specific problem, but I know there were several issues in the early
clients with authentication.

> The config settings are the default ones. For the two settings you
> mentioned:
>
> AuthClient = Srp, Win_Sspi, Legacy_Auth
> WireCrypt = Enabled (for client) / Required (for server)
>
> I’ve played around with different permutations without success.

Config options prefixed with `#` are comments describing the default. I
assume that value for WireCrypt you show was prefixed with #, otherwise
that is an invalid config value (valid values are one of Enable,
Required, Disabled). Although, IIRC, the WireCrypt setting is ignored
when connecting to Firebird 2.5 or earlier.

Also check if there isn't another firebird.conf.

> Maybe worth noting that the credentials for the remote server are in
> the format:
>
> XX.XXX.X.XXX/45731:d:/Database/P2Gold data.ib
>
> I don’t know if the space in the filename could be causing it.
> Unfortunately I have no control over the remote server as it’s owned
> by a third party..

That is a valid connection string. Why do you suspect that this could be
a problem?

Mark