Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 3.0 client does not work with remote Firebird 2.5 database
Author Michael Fox
It’s the default package of firebird-dev 3.0.1.32609.ds4-14 on Stretch which doesn’t work. The previous version of firebird-dev 2.5.3.26778.ds4-5+deb8u1 on Jessie works fine with the same credentials (note: I’m using PHP’s Interbase extension to connect but I don’t think it’s the cause of the issue).

The config settings are the default ones. For the two settings you mentioned:

AuthClient = Srp, Win_Sspi, Legacy_Auth
WireCrypt = Enabled (for client) / Required (for server)

I’ve played around with different permutations without success. Maybe worth noting that the credentials for the remote server are in the format:

XX.XXX.X.XXX/45731:d:/Database/P2Gold data.ib

I don’t know if the space in the filename could be causing it. Unfortunately I have no control over the remote server as it’s owned by a third party.

On 20 Jan 2019, at 09:19, Mark Rotteveel mark@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 19-1-2019 20:25, mike@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> On Debian Jessie with Firebird 2.5 I’m able to connect to a third party
> remote Firebird database. However on Debian Stretch with Firebird 3.0
> installed I’m unable to connect to the same server with the same
> credentials. If I try to connect I get:
>
> "Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 08004
> connection rejected by remote interface”

Exactly which version of the Firebird 3 client is this? What is the
content of its firebird.conf specifically for settings AuthClient and
WireCrypt?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Company Number: 8933499 VAT: 274970368

All insurance products are supplied by Goodlord Protect Limited which is an Appointed Representative of Paymentshield Limited for general insurance products. Paymentshield Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 312708. You can check this information on the Financial Services Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by telephoning 0800 111 6768 (Freephone) or 0300 500 8082 from the UK.The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services.

Oh Goodlord Limited is directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 730960 for the purpose of consumer credit broking. You can check this information on the Financial Services Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by telephoning 0800 111 6768 (Freephone) or 0300 500 8082 from the UK.The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services.