Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 3.0.4: problem connecting to test DB
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2019-01-15 08:47, IPHost Support iphostmonitor@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Firebird 3.0.4 (32-bit) installed on Windows 10 (64-bit) as
> application,
> with legacy user support.
>
> I encountered strange problems at the very beginning. The below is all
> run in elevated cmd.exe:
>
> First, I create a test database:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_3_0>isql
> Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
> SQL> CREATE DATABASE 'C:\Firebird\test.fdb';
> SQL> COMMIT;
> SQL> QUIT;
>
> Next, I try to connect to it:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_3_0>isql
> SQL> CONNECT 'localhost/3050:C:\Firebird\test.fdb' user 'SYSDBA'
> password 'xxXXXXxx';
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 08006
> Error occurred during login, please check server firebird.log for
> details
>
> where 'xxXXXXxx' stands for SYSDBA password I created during
> installation.
>
> Problems:
>
> 1. I can't locate firebird.log file, nor I see obvious means to specify
> its location.

It's usually in the Firebird installation directory (in your case likely
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_3_0).

Given you created the database locally (no localhost in the CREATE
DATABASE statement), I do wonder if Firebird server is actually running
(although that should produce a different error).

> 2. Why I cannot connect to the database I have just created?

We can't tell why without the information from the log.