Subject Re: [firebird-support] install.sh not working in Ubuntu 18.04?
Author Tomasz Tyrakowski
On 19.07.2018 o 01:31, erickdeoliveiraleal@... [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Hello. I want to test Firebird in Ubuntu 18.04.
> I Downloaded FirebirdCS-2.5.8.27089-0.amd64.tar.gz https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/releases/download/R2_5_8/FirebirdCS-2.5.8.27089-0.amd64.tar.gz
> I run install.sh, and in terminal it asked me only to set a password to database, after this, it prints the installation is complete, but service is not started and no service is installed in startup. It only copied to opt/firebird.

As far as I can see, you've installed FB classic. The instances of the
classic FB are being started by system's inetd (see if the FB installer
created a corresponding entry in /etc/inetd.conf - there should be an
entry starting with "gds_db").
So, my guess is, you don't have any inetd-compatible daemon installed.
Try to install openbsd-inetd (run: sudo apt install openbsd-inetd) and
see if it helps.
It looks like modern Debians and Ubuntus don't install any inetd daemon
by default, and the CS installer doesn't check if the daemon is present
(and doesn't remind you to install one if it's not).

cheers
Tomasz

--
__--== Tomasz Tyrakowski ==--__