Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: server 2.5.8 deadlocked
Author Hamish Moffatt
On 22/02/18 10:10, Hamish Moffatt hamish@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> On 13/02/18 17:55, Dmitry Yemanov dimitr@...
> [firebird-support] wrote:
>> 13.02.2018 05:07, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>>
>>> I attached gdb and dumped the state of all threads, which shows every
>>> one of them is waiting on a mutex or futex, ie it's dead locked. I've
>>> attached the trace.
>> You need to download the debug symbols (Firebird-debuginfo-* package)
>> and copy them into your FB installation directory. Then take the
>> backtrace again.
>>
> It locked again. 2.5.8 super server on 32-bit linux.

Note that we are using the event listener mechanism, and we think our
deadlock issues may have started when we started using events, about 12
months ago.

I see this issue in the tracker which looks familiar:
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-4680 . However it's meant to
be fixed in 2.5.5.

Hamish