Subject Re: [firebird-support] Problems with creating new users (no permission for INSERT access to TABLE PLG$VIEW_USERS)
Author Bryan Cole
On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 14:28 +0100, Dimitry Sibiryakov sd@... [firebird-support] wrote:
18.12.2018 14:25, 'Bryan  Cole' bryan.cole@... [firebird-support] wrote:
Database: localhost:employee, User: TEST

   Do you see "Role: RDB$ADMIN" here? It must be.

OK, but how do I get "Role: RDB$ADMIN" to show up there? Please tell me what to do to achieve this.

I've tried:
[bryan@bryan RPMS]$ isql-fb -user SYSDBA -pass mydbapassword localhost:employee
Database: localhost:employee, User: SYSDBA
SQL> drop user test;
SQL> commit;
SQL> CREATE USER test PASSWORD 'test' GRANT RDB$ADMIN ROLE;
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 42000
Dynamic SQL Error
-SQL error code = -104
-Token unknown - line 1, column 40
-RDB$ADMIN
SQL>

I understand I'm doing it wrong. I don't understand what I need to do different. I've read all the documentation (really!).
If you could give me a working example, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Bryan