Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: very slow firebird embedded connection on a web application
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2018-12-12 17:54, blackfalconsoftware@... [firebird-support]
wrote:
> May I ask why you are using the embedded version of Firebird for a web
> application?
>
> This version of Firebird does not have the optimization advantages of
> the server version, even if it is using the same core kernel...

What optimization advantages are you thinking of? The engine used by
Firebird server is identical to Firebird embedded (in Firebird 3 it is
even the exact same .so/.dll). The only real difference is that one can
accept connections from external processes, and the other can only be
used in the same process.

Mark