Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird role.
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 10-1-2018 22:21, Alexandre Vinhaes - Tecnico - Tecnologia
alexandre.vinhaes@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> I have created a role and granted it to an user. For my surprise,
> related user doesnt have privileges from that role. I dont want to set
> the role previously. What should I do in having the role privileges by
> default ?

In Firebird 3 and earlier there is nothing you can do to get those
privileges by default, except granting the privileges directly to the
user, or to the role PUBLIC (but then all users get those privileges).
You will need to explicitly specify the role on connect for the user to
get those privileges.

Firebird 4 adds an option to grant a role as a default role, which means
the granted privileges will always be applied.

> Ex.: In Oracle environment, I should configure the role as default to
> the user and I presume in Firebird there should be something equivalent.

Not yet.
--
Mark Rotteveel