Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 2.5 rejecting connections
Author Helen Borrie
Monday, August 7, 2017, 5:54:06 AM, you wrote:

>> Did you actually replace the client lib on the remote box with the
>> appropriate-bitness one from the installation?

> System is x64 but x86 version of firebird is required due to legacy UDF.
> I have tried deleting the DLLs from System32 and SysWOW64 to avoid PATH
> issues but that didn't have any effect.

So what are you talking about here?

You're running 32-bit Firebird on a 64-bit box. That's fine.

Still talking about the server box: you want the 32-bit client to run
the Fb system utilities because you installed 32-bit utilities.

For your own applications, running them on the server through TCP/IP
local loopback, you want the Fb client's bitness matching your
*application*, regardless of what bitness the Fb server is; likewise
any driver layers such as ODBC.

On the remote client box, same story. Match the client to the bitness
of the application and driver, not the remote server. If you
installed a 32-bit kit, you would not get a copy of the 64-bit client.
In the 64-bit kits you get both, with the 64-bit one in $firebird\bin
directory and the 32-bit one in $firebird\WOW64.

Also, considering the problem with localhost on the server box, have
you checked your system variables to make sure FIREBIRD is
pointing to the right place? It's just a stray thought, as I've
never heard of connection problems associated with that variable
being missing or bad. I'd think it would only be a problem if it was
set previously for an older version; while the newer version is
located in a different subdir.

Helen