Subject Re: [firebird-support] Simple post edited data to table raises exception after converting FB 2.1 to FB 3.0
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2017-07-20 16:53, fredff13@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> I used Delphi's FireDAC components and FireDAC Monitor program which
> tracing issues with Firebird. I posted extracted data from tracing
> file after user hit save button to save changes in address1 line -
> it's very simple transaction which failed in Firebird 3 and has no
> problem under Firebird 2.1. I also used IBExpert to do the same thing
> - set Address1 to some value and save it - it's works, but not when I
> run application. I don't know what was changed in FB 3 to break the
> working code. Obviously something new added to environment but I don't
> know how to tune my program (connection properties, table parameters
> or something else) to be able to save data properly.

Your current query as shown has 35+ columns, that is a lot. Please
realise that we all volunteer our time here to help each other, but you
are the one with the problem: make it as easy as possible for us to help
you. That is why I asked to pair down your problematic code to the
minimum necessary to reproduce it.

Replicate the problem in a separate program and keep removing columns to
determine the minimum set that is needed to reproduce the problem. That
in itself can already indicate where the problem might be, and it will
also make it easier for us to build theories of what might be wrong.

Mark