Subject RE: [firebird-support] think there is a bug in gpre cobol for 2.5.x
Author bogdan mordicom

Hi

I haven't been working with Cobol for 25 years, but:

if Disconnect is in Procedure Division then Connect should also be there.

Regards Bogdan

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 7:28 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] think there is a bug in gpre cobol for 2.5.x

Hi-

I gave this a really good look. It seems no matter what i do I get an error in gpre with cobol.

here is my cobol code:

        IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.

        PROGRAM-ID. Moon.

        ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.

        Configuration Section.

        Special-Names.

        DATA DIVISION.

        WORKING-STORAGE section.

        01 WS_TEXT PIC X(80).

        EXEC SQL

        SET DATABASE DB2 = 'localhost:employee';

        EXEC SQL

        CONNECT DB2;

        PROCEDURE DIVISION.

        EXEC SQL

        SELECT COUNT(PHONE_EXT) INTO :WS_TEXT FROM EMPLOYEE;

        DISPLAY 'FOO MEISTER'.

        DISPLAY WS-TEXT.

        EXEC SQL

        DISCONNECT DB2;

        STOP RUN.

I can't get it to run no matter whether I stand on my head or not. I get an error code of 104 or else 100 if I am using cursors. I have an alias of employee. does anyone out there have success with gpre with 2.5.7.27050-0?

i looked at a book on embedded sql. Pretty much the same except slightly different syntax to gpre cobol.

Any ideas where I can go for help? One guy said he changed versions ever so slightly and a different version worked for hi m. Is there an archive of slightly older versions? I also defined ISC_USER with exports etc. I'd like to try a different version of 2.5.x

thx. - jim

Avast logo

Ta e-pošta je bila pregledana z Avast protivirusnim programom.