Subject Re: [firebird-support] Improve remote query speed on Windows Server 2012 VPS
Author Jack Engleman
To improve speed on a Windows based system use the RDP protocol to Remote Desktop connection on the server.  The Server will run the query and your speed will be greatly enhanced.  You have to purchase RPD licenses for you server and that increases the cost of implementation. I have a server that has 30 firebird databases running on it. I have up to 80 users  at a time on my server and all customers are very happy with the speed of the server.

Best Regards

Jack Engleman

From: "'Mr. John' mr_johnmr@... [firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
To: Firebird-support <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 12:22 AM
Subject: [firebird-support] Improve remote query speed on Windows Server 2012 VPS

Hi.
I'm testing Firebird 2.5 x64 on Windows Server 2012 R2 VPS
From tests,remote access database works slow,a simple query on a small table with about 500 records

select * from MYTABLE where id=200

takes
   Total execution time: 5.388s
   PLAN (MYTABLE INDEX (PK_MYTABLE))

  the same query executed local on the server(same db,server) takes  0.065s

queries are done with Flamerobin,from IBExpert the same results

How can I improve remote speed?
Thanks