Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: firebird schema changes during backup
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
24.01.2017 21:21, kragh.thomas@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> could you please elaborate on your point of view?
>
> What can go wrong during this kind of operation?

Upgrade script may fail and you database will end up in half-upgraded state. It could
be simpler to restore fresh-made backup and repeat upgrade with fixed script than sort out
failed statements by hand.

> Is there a risk of database/backup corruption?

Very little, but still - yes. Changes of metadata use a little different visibility
rules than ordinary DML and I'm not sure that all bugs were cleaned out of this area.

--
WBR, SD.