Subject Re: [firebird-support] Character sets and collations of columns
Author Tomasz Tyrakowski
On 26.08.2016 o 14:35, robert rottermann robert@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> I have no idea at on how to fix it "correctly", but would it not be an
> idea just to dump the tables with weird character into a text file, and
> search replace them.
>
> The wrong chars are probably uniformly wrong, so you should be able to
> fix them using sed or some such tool (on linux, I am not well versed
> with windows)

The funny part is, I don't believe the data is actually corrupted. I
think the database tries to convert it incorrectly, using the info about
the encoding of the columns (which might be incorrect) and the encoding
used by the client. The actual data, when I display it via Flame Robin
or isql seems to be OK, it's the sorting or uppercasing that goes weird.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

regards
Tomasz

--