Subject Re: [firebird-support] gfix full or reserve required
Author Hugo Eyng

Hi Helen.

Thank you.

I should pay more attention to the command usage.

Hugo Eyng

Em 06/07/2016 19:49, Helen Borrie helebor@... [firebird-support] escreveu:

Thursday, July 7, 2016, 10:20:50 AM, Hugo Eyng wrote:

> I tried to use gfix -w async -u USER -p PASSWAORD MYDB.FDB and gfix
> displayed "full or reserve required".

> What does it mean? That "full" or "reserve" is required? :))

The -u switch in gfix is NOT an abbreviated form for the username but
for page-fill capacity, i.e., -u[se] with the argument reserve (for
reserve space) or full (for use the full page). It's not what you
want, I know, but don't set this to full unless the database is also
read-only.

Your password abbreviation is wrong for gfix, too. It is -pa[ssword].
The -p abbreviation in gfix is for something else, used in
recovery of transactions from broken multi-database connections.

You want:

gfix -w async -user USER -password PASSWAORD MYDB.FDB

Helen

--

Atenciosamente,

Hugo Eyng