Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Schema pluses?
Author livius
Hi,

thank you Dmitry – the last sentens show me some benefits
other sentenses show only complications for me.
we can write sql like
select * from table_name but really this is
select * from schema.table_name

and if i write this in stored procedure – i suppose that “object_id” will be stored in blr(when schemas will be avaiable)
because if another user use this procedure and he have different default schema ...

and also some task – user1 tell user2 “send me sql to retrive something”
he send but user1 have different schema and in both schemas same tables exists ...
I see only complication over benefits

reg

Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:47 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: Schema pluses?

13.06.2016 00:18, 'livius' wrote:

> what are + and – with
working with schema?
> What benefits are between

schema_name__table_name and real schema implementation?

schema_name.table_name

Ability to have a default schema (per user, per connection). So that you
may have multiple completely unrelated databases inside single physical
database, and set up multiple "schema-less" users/applications of these
different logical databases. E.g. one app works with USERS but actually
it's CRM.USERS and a different app also works with USERS but actually
it's HR.USERS. From the maintenance/administration POV it's a single
database (configuration, backups, etc).

Dmitry