Subject Re: Issue with Database Cache Size on FB 3.0
Author
---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <fabianch@...> wrote :

> The setting we are playing with are:

On firebird.conf

FileSystemCacheThreshold = 0

FileSystemCacheSize = 17179869184 (this is 16 GB - the server has 32 GB

ram.)

  Does you ever read comments describing this setting ? I can do it for you :

    "measured in % of total physical RAM".

I.e. any value not in range [0..100] is wrong by definition. Read firebird.log, it should contain
error message:

    "Incorrect FileSystemCacheSize setting %d. Using default (30 percent)."

If you really want to limit file system cache by 50% of avalable RAM - set FileSystemCacheSize
value to 50 (and restart Firebird), no need to calc in bytes...

Regards,
Vlad