Subject Re: [firebird-support] Minimal file file requirements for FB3 (client/embedded)
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 17-5-2016 18:08, Josef.Gschwendtner@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> could please anybody tell us which files we definitely have to ship with
> our app as client for a FB3 remote server or as an FB3 embedded server?
> (minimal files required).
>
> Standard Client:
> - fbclient.dll
> - are there other files needed?

- firebird.msg for error messages
- firebird.conf if you want to tweak the setting used by the client
(specifically regarding encryption and compression)

> Embedded Server:
> - fbclient.dll
> - which other files are needed (minimum)?

- firebird.msg for error messages
- engine12.dll for the actual database engine
- firebird.conf if you want to tweak SuperServer or SuperClassic behavior

iirc all other files are optional, but if you do anything with
charactersets, including the icu* files and the intl folder is advisable.

This looks like something that needs to be added to the next version of
the release notes (or at least I can't find it clearly in the release
notes). Could you file a bug under http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/DOC

--
Mark Rotteveel