Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB 3.0 and PHP connection
Author Kim Sandell
I had to copy the FBCLIENT.DLL from the Firebird installation directory to the Apache/bin directory for the PDO stuff to work.

This however is dependent on your setup.  Also remember to use correct 32bit or 64bit version of the DLL, depending on your Apache.

Regards,
Kim

From: "'palberto@...' palberto@... [firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
To: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 4/26/2016 4:47 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] FB 3.0 and PHP connection

Hi all,
 I'm working on the evaluation of Firebird SQL 3.0 and connection using PDO available in PHP.

The database works fine and I'm able to connect it using FlameRobin but when I try to establish a connection using PHP I get a NULL as result of the follow:

<?
$SERVER  = "firebird:dbname=localhost:C:\Database\UUP.GDB";
$USERID   = "SYSDBA";
$PASSWORD = "masterkey";

try {
$dbh = new PDO($SERVER, $USERID, $PASSWORD);

} catch (PDOException $e) {

   print "Error!: " . $e->getMessage() . "<br/>";

}
var_dump($dbh);
?>

PHP load fine the PDO and PDO_Firebird, does anyone knows if I have to move some DLL somewhere?

NOTE: Windows 2012 R2, PHP Version 5.2.12, Apache 2.2, Firebird 3.0

Thanks in advance.
Alberto