Subject Re: [firebird-support] How write a query with a progressive sum field
Author Lester Caine
On 07/03/16 17:10, 'Leyne, Sean' Sean@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
>> I simply noted that V3 RC should
>> > be treated as not production-ready (like any other RC in Firebird's history),
>> > but perhaps the Firebird project philosophy changed.
> It has not!
>
> RC releases should not be used for production purposes.

That 'progressive sum field' is a new feature coming up in FB3 is a
useful piece of information. Assuming that people are already using it
is the part that was not helpful here, so including the statement that
it required FB3 would have helped? Certainly any FB3 related problems
should be reported on the development list until such time as FB3 has
been formally released.

As for pre-FB3 installations ... I have a few mechanisms that rely on
CTE queries to produce results, but I don't think they produce a clean
progressive sum ... that is handled in the display routine in my PHP
applications, so I don't need the query to produce it directly anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL