Subject Re: [firebird-support] How write a query with a progressive sum field
Author Thomas Steinmaurer
On 07.03.2016 17:40, Dimitry Sibiryakov sd@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
>> <reply_mode type="ironic">
>> Yeah. Sure. ;-)
>> </reply_mode>
>
> Well, if setting up standby server for reporting purposes with IBLogManager is too had
> task, he always can try IBPhoenix Replicator which is easy to install and configure.

Oh, product flame ware. Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't joined
the thread to place product plugs. I'm getting older, hopefully more
wisely and luckily, something else is feeding my family. ;-) As you
started the product plug stuff, I guess it is different at your side.

I'm sure, IBReplicator does its job very well. I simply noted that V3 RC
should be treated as not production-ready (like any other RC in
Firebird's history), but perhaps the Firebird project philosophy changed.

> If he is able to write queries to the database, he knows for sure which tables he
> needs. Extract definitions of these tables in FlameRobin or IBExpert is easy. Create a new
> database with these tables inside and copy data for these tables is also easy. After that
> setting up replication will take less than an hour, including reading of manual.

Na, replication is an additional (complex) layer, which needs to be
maintained, monitored etc ...

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.