Subject Re: [firebird-support] stale statements in MON$STATEMENTS
Author Thomas Steinmaurer
> On 02/12/16 20:59, Dimitry Sibiryakov sd@...
> [firebird-support] wrote:
>> 02.12.2016 8:56, Hamish Moffatt hamish@... [firebird-support]
>> wrote:
>>> I understand that the idle statement
>>> means they have been prepared but not executed, but this shouldn't be
>>> possible in my application source (prepare has never failed, and I
>>> always execute).
>> Yes, but after execution they are idle again until unprepared or freed.
>>

> OK, thanks. I'm doing all my Firebird interaction with Qt and its IBASE
> driver, so this should all be managed for me. It should free the
> statements when they go out of scope.
>
> It's a bit suspicious that 100 of these statements were the same one,
> "merge into...", so I'll have to follow that up.
>
> I also see a ton of connections on MON$ATTACHMENTS from the same thread
> in my application (MON$REMOTE_PID, MON$REMOTE_ADDRESS both the same)
> which also makes no sense.

Closing a connection implicitly will free the underlaying statements, thus due to your explanations, it seems you are leaking (not closing) connections.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.