Subject Re: {Disarmed} Re: [firebird-support] Number of concurrent user connections
Author Alain Bastien
One thing is for sure YOU can't login FACEBOOK with two different IDs from the SAME PC at the same TIME.

Or even (correct if I'm wrong)  SAME ID on to different PCs

There should be a UNIQUE field such MAC ADDRESS + IP + ID managed by the DATABASE in a TABLE !!!

So there is a TABLE

Kind Regards

Alain Bastien
34 Dr Ross Avenue
Rose Hill 72102
Mauritius
Mobile Tel: +230  5 719 30 30
Skype:alainbastien
Viber: 7320143

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Elmar Haneke elmar@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I was looking on FaceBook 'sDATA storage and MySQL !!!
>
> For sure millions simultaneous Users connected !!!

I would guess nobody is running an database server with millions of
connections simultaneously open.

On huge Systems as Facebook there are some application servers between
users and database which do serialize database access to an lower number
of connections - it does not make sense to let DB server process
millions of queries simultaneously since the hardware has not that much
parallelity.

Elmar