Subject Re: [firebird-support] Optimizer request
Author

I'm continuing in old conversation because I have similar question.

How to avoid using IN(subselect) in UPDATE?

Theoretical example:

update orders o
set o.something = 'something other'
where o.delivery_date is null
  and o.partid in (select p.partid from partners p where p.country='Spain')

I'm using FB 2.5.x

Right now I don't have big real data for testing.
I'm just wondering because from what I understand from here then for every row of orders firebird would make that constant subselect again and again.
Am I right?

Would using EXISTS() help?

E.