Subject Re: [firebird-support] Reporting for Firebird in Visual Studio 2013 (C#)
Author Kevin Meyers
Thanks, Louis. I appreciate the suggestions and I will definitely check out DevExpress.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:18 PM, 'Louis van Alphen' louis@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I use DevExpress for all my data analytical/visualisation tools. DevExpress have the best reporting & data visualisation components by far. Very easy to integrate into C# apps and great support.

All my apps have an analytics module that allows me and end users to design and run pivots, reports and dashboards at runtime. I built a lot of stuff around DevExpress to achieve that and make it reusable in all my apps. The metadata definitions for reports/pivots/dashboards are stored in FB tables. This means that users can create a report, plug in the SQL, including parameters and then design the report.

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 02 September 2015 09:44 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Reporting for Firebird in Visual Studio 2013 (C#)

Hello -- I'm looking for some suggestions on a reporting tool that works well within the Visual Studio 2013 IDE using Firebird 2.5.4.

I've tried using the Crystal Reports add-in. While it works fine within the IDE, when I build and run the app, it keeps asking for my login credentials. Have not found a way around this. If you know of one, please let me know and I will continue to explore using Crystal Reports.

Thanks!

Kevin