Subject Re: [firebird-support] Knowing the previous rows
Author Walter R. Ojeda Valiente
Hello Mark

My transactions are always extremely short running because I work hard to keep them that way. But I have a lot of clients with a great variety of environments, someones still using Windows XP, someones using Windows 10, with dedicated servers, with not dedicated servers, with employees that understand database administrative tasks, with employees who think I am talking swahili and so on.

Therefore I need to avoid in advance any kind of possible problems or troubles. No always I can trust in the knowledge of other people who maybe are at hundreds of kilometers and using TeamViewer or similar is not the best option because it is still a waste of time.

I don't like receive calls of clients complaining about something. Happy clients means more money, today or later.

So, all my applications should be good in all senses.

Greetings.

Walter.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Mark Rotteveel mark@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 7-8-2015 22:50, 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente'
sistemas2000profesional@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> I just was a bit curious about that possibility, which seems interesting
> for audit tables and more yet, users.
>
> By design, very few UPDATEs and DELETEs there are on my databases
> because I don't like them. As you know each UPDATE or DELETE add garbage
> to the database so I try to avoid using those commands and so all works
> fine. Happy users, happy my employees, happy me. :-)

Why go through extremes to avoid garbage? It is not as if the garbage
stays there indefinitely; garbage is cleaned up eventually, and assuming
you don't use extremely long running transactions, that happens pretty
quick.

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel