Subject AW: AW: [firebird-support] Re: Memory usage excess / leak in FBServer 2.5.4
Author Jojakim Stahl
> Do you HAVE a memory problem? Or are you upset about Firebird using this amount of RAM?

In my opinion FB is leaking memory. Initially the fbserver.exe has about 150MB and it it's all my memory over time. First time till ~20GB and finally the server went out of service. Now I try to restart every couple of days to avoid driving into the wall.

--
Joja

On 03/06/2015 09:48, 'Jojakim Stahl' joja.lists@... [firebird-support] wrote:

Hello,
still no solution. Running since last Friday, fbserver.exe grew up to +3GB memory so far. Few minutes ago, I stopped all our services, it remained only one attachment from isql to select mon$memory_usage: memory did not went down. IMHO, this memory leak is not caused by a client leaving open something, otherwise the memory should go down when the connection is closed, shouldn't it?

SQL> select cast('NOW' as timestamp) TS, m.*, (select count(*) from mon$attachme
nts) ATTACHMENTS, (select count(*) from mon$statements) STATEMENTS from mon$memo
ry_usage m where m.mon$stat_group=0;

TS 2015-06-03 14:04:02.3910
MON$STAT_ID 1
MON$STAT_GROUP 0
MON$MEMORY_USED 3329950624
MON$MEMORY_ALLOCATED 3870920704
MON$MAX_MEMORY_USED 3331189248
MON$MAX_MEMORY_ALLOCATED 3870990336
ATTACHMENTS 1
STATEMENTS 1

Any hints how to investigate this problem?
Thank you.

--
joja