Subject Re: Odp: [firebird-support] Performance diff between insert...select and for select ... do?
Author Kjell Rilbe
'=?utf-8?B?bGl2aXVzbGl2aXVzQHBvY3p0YS5vbmV0LnBs?='
liviuslivius@... [firebird-support] skrev:

> Why not merge?

Yes, indeed. Might have been worth a shot, but I suspect it would have
been no more than marginally better. Even merge does have to do an index
lookup for each record to check if one exists or not, doesn't it? Or
does it ignore the index lookup and simply add a new record version
regardless?

Furthermore, even the straight insert (with PK and indices
dropped/inactive) was orders of magnitude slower than the proprietary
text file I resorted to (no surprise really).

Regards,
Kjell